Creating Vibrant Neighborhoods Initiative
Fellows Training Program
A Reason to Survive (ARTS) & The Pomegranate Center Collaboration
ARTS is partnering with National City, the Pomegranate Center and a host of public and private agencies to implement Creating Vibrant Neighborhoods. This Initiative will result in the creation of 30 signature projects over 3 years, training 60 artists in the Pomegranate Center methodology, employing 100+ high school youth apprentices, and engaging over 2,000 middle and elementary school students.
In an 8-session, hands-on training intensive, you will learn the techniques that will empower you to fully engage your community in a productive, creative process, while creating broad ownership of the projects you lead. ARTS invites you, like-minded individuals who value collaboration and have a passion for community building through place-making. By completing the Creating Vibrant Neighborhoods Initiative (CVNI) Fellows Training, you will be qualified to be a paid lead artist for an ARTS CVNI project .
WHO IS A GOOD FIT?
- You believe connected, strong communities are essential to our future
- You think our communities (and our nation) could do a lot better job collaborating
- You’re tired of group efforts failing because they are slow, unwieldy, and bogged-down by process
- You are a professional artist, have experience working with youth, and are a community organizer
WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT?
Milenko Matanovic, founder and director of Pomegranate Center, along with A Reason to Survive, Landscape Architect Ilisa Goldman and special guests, will take your Project Management skills to the next level with:
- Leadership methods that encourage maximum participation
- Techniques to develop a powerful sense of community ownership
- Practical advice for handling difficult personalities that threaten the collaborative process
The training schedule takes place at the ARTS Center, 200 E. 12th Street, National City, CA on the following Fridays from 9-1pm & Saturdays from 9-4pm:
TO APPLY, CLICK HERE
** Please check back for more information regarding enrollment to our next training program.